I love omelettes, they're super filling thanks to the fat and protein-rich eggs! I hadn't made an omelette for a long time until recently. What I love about them is that they are very versatile - you can make them sweet or savoury! This recipe is an omelette that sort of becomes a pancake as well. It's absolutely delicious, and the banana really helps to give that slight sweetness you want from a sweeter meal, minus the added refined sugar! Top with some yoghurt (I love my coconut yoghurt), cacao nibs and some berries and you've got a winner. Also tastes great with some nut butter!!
Cooking and Preparation Time: Max 10 minutes
- 1/2 a banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of LSA
- 1 teaspoon of your choice of superfood powder (I love maca!! Can omit all together if you want)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
+ any toppings you wish
1. To your blender (I use my NUTRIBULLET), add the banana, 2 eggs, cacao powder, LSA, and superfood powder. Blend until well combined.
2. Heat a pan on low to medium heat. Add the coconut oil and allow to melt.
3. Pour the batter in the pan and move it around until it forms a large pancake. Allow to cook for approx 3 minutes or until the batter begins to dry and bubbles start to form on top. At this stage flip the omelette.
4. Cook the omelette on the other side for approx 1-2 more minutes and move to a plate. Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!!!