Apple and Cinnamon Hotcake
I literally go through particular foods that I can't get enough of. Most recently it was pancakes, and now it is a hotcake! Hotcakes are much thicker and fluffier than pancakes, and so comforting.
Topped with Peanut Butter, this healthy breakfast option won't disappoint!
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1tablespoon of flaxseed flour or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of protein powder
- 1.5 apples
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius
2. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to a oven-proof frying pan and place in the oven until the coconut oil melts
3. To a blender, add the buckwheat grouts, almond milk, egg, flaxseed flour, protein powder, 1 apple, cinnamon and baking powder, and blend until well combined.
4. Chop up the other half apple and add to the mixture (do not blend)
5. Taking the pan out of the oven and add the mixture. Place back in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
I enjoy my hotcakes topped with some coconut yogurt, extra cinnamon, peanut butter and a little maple syrup - it goes down a treat!